Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ode to a Conny Francis song

Last weekend Laina and I drove up with my parents to visit my Grandma (She's called Gi-gi). On Sunday we had a very nice morning. Around 10:00 or so, we drove out to Avila Beach to play on the sand and walk around the little beach. Laina and my mom and a great time hopping the little wave, digging in the sand and watching the Pelicans dive. I sat and enjoyed having my mom watch Laina for awhile.




On the ride back, Laina fell asleep and slept for about 20 minutes. After lunch, I decided to see if she would go down for a nap in the pack and play. My rule for naps is that she has to stay in the crib for an hour regardless of if she sleeps or not. Laina didn't sleep at all and spent the time talking to herself, singing, and yelling, "MOM...is naptime over?". Just before naptime was over, my mom walked by the room and peeked in the cracked door. Mom came back and reported, "Laina's standing in the crib with one leg hanging over the side". I quickly went to the room and sure enough, one leg hanging over the side and she was reaching out trying to get something that was just out of reach on the desk close by. The desk chair was knocked down on the floor and as I walked in she dropped my cosmetic bag that she had in her other hand. She'd been caught and she knew it. This is what I saw:


I started laughing and called my mom in to see. Laina had gotten into my make up bag, taken out my lipstick and had smeared the whole tube over her entire face. There was some amount of toothpaste involved, but not too much. There was lipstick everywhere: on the side of the crib, on the blankets, on her shirt, in her hair, on her hands, all over. So. I took papertowels and wiped off her hands and face, stripped her down and threw her in the shower (not literally, people, come-on!). Her shirt was dunked in hot soapy water and left to soak overnight. The blanket was an electric blanket and couldn't be washed, so I wiped it off the best I could with some rubbing alcohol. The P-N-P was scrubbed with some cleanser and got mostly clean.

Laina was scrubbed mostly clean, but I could see sparkles from the lipstick on her scalp for about 2 baths afterwards. Laina, my little monkey-girl. Gotta love her!


Lipstick on your collar
Told a tale on you!!!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Hi Laura,

It was great meeting you and Laina yesterday (sorry for misspelling her name in the blog, which has since been corrected) and we look forward to seeing you again. Laina is adorable!! I love her cute glasses!

Nina